Distro Project - KarachiOS

Moderated forum for posting administrative announcements. Contact moderators for getting posting access.
mahin_pk
Site Admin

Post by mahin_pk »

I was hoping that Anjum would reply but his post is too brief so here I will try to answer as best as I could.

We have iso on-line but have bandwidth issue, hence can not post link here. If any one can host [ 700 Mb ] please contact me through PM or email.

No objection if some COOL volunteer is willing to seed bittorrent.

There are still some changes going on at base level, hope these will be done with in this week then we will go for more wider testing.

KOS is not for sale, it is free for download when it is released. Those who wish to test for them it is free all you have to do is send me an email with your address + phone number and CD will be mailed.

If you do not have DSL then I would suggest you request ISO, we will provide a tutorial like this on how to update iso and also on how to install with out burning a CD. This way you can verify if the changes you suggested have been incorporated and are working the way you wanted them.

All others will have to wait a bit till Software Freedom Day when it will be available at shop near you.

We have included ALL Urdu Fonts which are GPL / Free, beside we have included Lughat [ 80k+ plus English Arabic words and option to submit Urdu, Sindhi,Pushtu,Baluchi translation] and Arabeyes EnglishArabic Dictionary.

Hope this is all for now and "more to follow" :) per Anjum.
mudasir
Captain

Post by mudasir »

Kind Regards
Mudasir Mirza (RHCE)
(+971)55-1045754
http://www.crystalnetworks.org
http://www.diglinux.com
Muhammad Saad
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Post by Muhammad Saad »

Assalam-o-Alaikum,
Does the distribution also contain the kernel development headers?
Many of us will require kernel headers to compile additional drivers. Especially for modems.
If it is not included then kindly include it in the 1.0 final release.
munirtalha
Cadet

Post by munirtalha »

مبارک Û
AcidEYE
Havaldaar

Post by AcidEYE »

As Salam U Alikum,

first of all thanks a lot Pak Bill Service for sending me KarachiOS cd, i've just received it.
but there is a problem i am faching, when i put the cd in cdrom it says please insert the cd,

i've checked it on 4 different cd roms. i just bought a brand new samsung combo drive but the error is the same on it.

i was very much pleased to get KarachiOS but unforunately its not working.

i hope soon it will be available for downloading.

thanks & best regards.
Linux Addicted
ashariqbal
Havaldaar

Post by ashariqbal »

I`ve got it working as a live CD. It did not correctly detect a new monitor, but worked ok with an older monitor. Looks good and stable, though its not been heavily tested.
ashariqbal
Havaldaar

Post by ashariqbal »

and now its working fine installed on the HD also.