Site changes

Moderated forum for posting administrative announcements. Contact moderators for getting posting access.
fawad
Site Admin

Site changes

Post by fawad »

AOA,
Several changes and updates were made to the site. They include:
  • The news site was updated to the latest postnuke codeset (7.2.3-phoenix).
  • Experimental blogging was enabled in the wiki. The code works quite nicely with both mozblog, and w.bloggar through the support of xmlrpc API, making it possible to post contents into the weblog from the comfort of your desktop. blogger support in the news site is coming up.
  • The website calendar was upgraded to the latest codeset. Apart from the more concise look, the calendar uses smarty templates for the display. The front page of the site also shows you a list of events coming up. User permissions for posting events coming up.
As usual, we're fully open to any comments, complaints or suggestions you might have.

-fawad[/list]
if
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by if »

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

Sorry if i'm not wrong... i could not find... signup option at wiki side... there is all sign in options... and secondly Are forum logins and Wiki login are different because previously i made another login on Wiki side (ifhope). But it is not working right now... meanwhile... u ppl are doing a great job... plz receive millions of millions thx to each and everyone of u (many of them we don't know even)... thx
if u find anything which shows my lack of knowledge,
please guide me... thx
------------------------------------
Aslam-o-Aliakum-Wa-Rahmatullah-Wa-Barakatuhu
if
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

if wrote:Aslam-o-Aliakum,

Sorry if i'm not wrong... i could not find... signup option at wiki side... there is all sign in options... and secondly Are forum logins and Wiki login are different because previously i made another login on Wiki side (ifhope). But it is not working right now... meanwhile... u ppl are doing a great job... plz receive millions of millions thx to each and everyone of u (many of them we don't know even)... thx
Walaikum assalam,
Yes, since the original message was posted, the wiki system was changed. There is an annoucement on the forum somewhere.
The wiki doesn't do strict authentication. It lets you login with any old username which conforms as a wiki word. For example, my id is FawadHalim (starting with a capital letter and having a capital letter in the middle makes it a wiki word). So you can login with an ID like IfMan or something. The login is just for having an audit trail. No features are restricted.
Let me know if you need further help.
if
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by if »

Aslam-o-Aliakum,

thx...
if u find anything which shows my lack of knowledge,
please guide me... thx
Aslam-o-Aliakum-Wa-Rahmatullah-Wa-Barakatuhu
if
mrkkhattak
Site Admin

Post by mrkkhattak »

Walaikumsalam,

Thank you Fawad. I too will check it now the way you told us ...

Regards,

-Meraj