Make your own SMS sender in LINUX!!! [Warid, Telenor Added]

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

Slaam everyone. I am not into linux or progamming that much and I have a question to ask. So please don't mind if you found it a very stupid questoin :lol: .

I downloaded the Warid's Web2sms code. (i.e. http://securitycoders.com/sms/warid.txt )

NOw this is a teXt file and I have no idea how to make it work for me. I read the whole thread but no-body mentioned how to use it.

I have a Warid's Sim but I couldn't sign in to their website since I made profile there (I always get a Session time out message after signing in). That's why I desperately need a Web2sms for Warid and found this place. I think there's still hope for me :lol:.

Good day!
[- I'm here not to impress but to eXpress -]
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

2 days have passed and no reply of my question at all. What a tease :shock: .

Can somebody please enlight me about how to make this Warid web-2-sms script work? Besides, my Operating system is Windows xp professional 2002 + Service pack 2.

A quick reply will be much appreciated.

Thank you!
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

it no longer works.

by the way, there is no "windows xp professional 2002 + sp2" operating system.
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

lambda wrote:it no longer works.

by the way, there is no "windows xp professional 2002 + sp2" operating system.
Dear sir / Madam,
I appreciate your reply. No-matter it doesn't work. A part of my question was to know how to make it work. How would I use it (assuming if it still works). I don't even know the using method (if you read my first post care-fully that is).

Also, the thing (that operates my system) I've installed is "Microsoft Windows Xp Professional" Version 2002 with Service pack 2. Better now?

Please let me know the proceedure to make the warid.txt file work or will I have to ask for the proceedure again when the sms code would start working again?

Good day!
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

BoRn2BWiLd wrote:A part of my question was to know how to make it work. How would I use it (assuming if it still works).
if you really want to try it out, edit the file to add your phone number and password, rename it from warid.txt to warid.php, and make sure you have the curl php extension installed.
Also, the thing (that operates my system) I've installed is "Microsoft Windows Xp Professional" Version 2002 with Service pack 2. Better now?
there is no "version 2002" of windows xp.
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

Dear Sir / Madam,
Thank you for you informative reply.
if you really want to try it out, edit the file to add your phone number and password, rename it from warid.txt to warid.php, and make sure you have the curl php extension installed.
From where can I get the CURL eXtension of PHP (I would search the net for it too but I might install some other version or something else so a-little direction can lead the way)? Do I only need the eXtension installed and nothing else?
there is no "version 2002" of windows xp.
I don't know about the Version 2002 eXists or not. But my system's proprerties show that it has a Version 2002. Watch the pic at this URL (copy paste it in the Address bar)
http://b2bwild.fortunecity.com/linuxpakistan.JPG

Regards,

-BoRn 2B WiLd
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

Okay, searched the net for CURL eXtension of PHP and found a site.

http://curl.haxx.se/dlwiz

The page leads to some CURL Version 7.16.0 packages. I selected the first one i.e. CURL eXecutable.

Then I was asked about Operating System. I selected "Windows/Win32" from the list.

Then they asked to select the Flavour for Win32. There were two options.
1- Generic
2- Cygwin

I selected the 1st one.

They asked to select the Win32 version. I selected "2000/XP".

Finally, they asked for the Processor (forunately they only know about one processor for the package I selected and it was i386).I have no idea what i386 is. Anyway, I got this URL after going through the above said process to download the zipped file.
http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.16. ... l-sspi.zip

Now I've downloaded the package and I'm not installing or un-zipping it before you guys tell me that I'm not making any mistake(s) here. So the ball is (once again) in your court.

Thank you!
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

did you really need to do that? doesn't your php installation already have curl?

as for the rest, read the documentation. maybe someone else can help you with that, but i don't use php on windows. this is, after all, linux pakistan.

ball's in your court, bud.
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

lambda wrote:did you really need to do that? doesn't your php installation already have curl?
Dear Sir / Madam,

Who said anythiing about PHP? I never installed PHP in my system. I told you I was starting from scratch. So pleasa guide me assuming that I don't have anything installed in my pc but I want to make this sms script work.

Also, I'm new here and not familiar with the people / management. Would you please tell me about the one who would help me installing PHP along with CURL on Windows Xp?

Ball's back in your court.

Regards.
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

BoRn2BSpoonFed wrote:I never installed PHP in my system. I told you I was starting from scratch.
- install php for windows. you'll find a few packages out there with php + a web server.
- install the curl extension if it isn't already part of the php installation. the files you donloaded are curl, not the curl extension, so they won't work.
- edit the file to set your phone number/etc, rename it to warid.php, put it in your newly installed web server's data directory, and load it up in your browser.
So pleasa guide me assuming that I don't have anything installed in my pc but I want to make this sms script work.
if you need more help than is provided up above, someone else will have to help you. maybe someone who has actually installed php on windows can give you step by step instructions.
Also, I'm new here and not familiar with the people / management. Would you please tell me about the one who would help me installing PHP along with CURL on Windows Xp?
once again, this is linuxpakistan, and you have a problem installing and using software on windows. this is the wrong place to look for help with your issue.
Ball's back in your court.
you're trying to play cricket in a golf course.
barlas
Naib Subedar

Post by barlas »

BoRn2BWiLd, just follow these set of instructions:

1. install xampp from http://www.apachefriends.org/ (use windows installer)
2. Edit the text file as told by lambda
3. Rename it to warid.php and put it in xampp/htdocs directory
4. Open your browser and enter http://localhost/warid.php

That should run the script, after that it works or not, it is not guranteed :)
Aqeel Zafar
BoRn2BWiLd
Cadet

Post by BoRn2BWiLd »

Hi again and thank you for your replies.

First of all Mr./Ms. lambda, please tell me. What do you mean by BoRn2BSpoonFed :( ? I never asked you to come here and install the whole thing on my PC did I? I am actually trying to figure it out but since there are so many SPECIFIC things required to make that script work, I'm asking stupid questions here. Is it illegal to ask something on a forum? Or do you feel offended if somebody asks you something? I am searching for the setups myself and ONLY asking you whether the ones I downloaded are the right ones or not. Is that what you call Spoon-Feeding? I'm sorry to say I didn't know that a person like you would have such mentality about people who are trying to learn a-few things. You know what? If you can't en-courage somebody then you shouldn't (atleast) dis-courage them. Thank you very much for your help. I'm not asking YOU about anything now. I'll let somebody else (who doesn't think that he/she is a Super natural Granny and feeding others with spoons by just answering some technical questions) consider my problem. Thank you again for your Spoon-Feeding so far :).

Dear barlas,
thank you for your simple instructions.

1)- I am downloading xampp-win32-1.5.5-installer.exe (32.98 mb) for Windows from the site you mentioned (direct download link is http://superb-east.dl.sourceforge.net/s ... taller.exe ).

2)- I edited the text file right after downloading it. I know a-few things about HTML so this part was easy.

3)- Renamed the file. I'm on slow net (dialup) so I'll let you know when the file would be downloaded and installed. Also, I am downloading the "Basic Package" of xampp assuming that I don't need other packages listed there. Do I?

Plus, there is another (possible) way to make this sms script work (I was thinking about it). If a web-host (the free webhosting services available out there) supports PHP etc. then uploading the edited warid.php on that server would also make that script run. Right? If that's right then I wouldn't need to install anything on my pc to make this script work. I uploaded the warid.php to 110mb.com (they support PHP5, MySQL5, CGI, Pearl and Python). Now when I openned the warid.php ( http://b2bwild.110mb.com/warid.php ) it gave me two warnings.

Those are,

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /www/110mb.com/b/2/b/w/i/l/d/_/b2bwild/htdocs/warid.php on line 39

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /www/110mb.com/b/2/b/w/i/l/d/_/b2bwild/htdocs/warid.php on line 39

My guess is, my web-host doesn't have CURL eXtension installed.

Please be kind enough to tell me if I managed to find a free web-host with CURL eXtensions installed on it then I wouldn't need to install the xampp setup. Right? Actually I am trying to avoid installing anything on my pc unless it becomes the only option left (but I will install Xampp hoping that I wouldn't go through heavy and complicated configuration settings after installing it :D).

Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter.

-BoRn 2B WiLd

P.S. I'll be back with an update as soon as I get that xampp installed.

***EDIT***
After posting this post, I openned the warid.php I uploaded and tried sending a sms to my own number. And guess what? even with those warnings I got it on my cell :D. So the free web-host thing really worked for me.
See Mr. / Ms. lambda, some people can play cricket in a swimming pool even :p.
kbukhari
Major General

Post by kbukhari »

dear BoRn2BWiLd,
this script is not useful now if you are looking for a cheap slution then you can use a waird sim with 250 daily sms
for making own sms server please visit http://www.activexperts.com/activsms/
--
Syed Kashif Ali Bukhari
+92-345-8444420
http://sysadminsline.com
http://kashifbukhari.com
masud
Havaldaar

Wrong!!!

Post by masud »

This script is still useful if you are sending sms only to Warid network.

Kbukhari save your post for this thread
http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... php?t=5935

Thnx
--SP--
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

kbukhari wrote:.... if you are looking for a cheap slution then you can use a waird sim with 250 daily sms ....
What you have recommended is:
Software Requirements

Operating System

SMS and Pager Toolkit runs on the following Operating Systems:

Windows 98 - Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE (Second Edition);

Windows ME - Windows Millenium Edition;

Windows XP - Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional Edition;

Windows NT4 - Windows NT4 Workstation and Windows NT4 Server (Service Pack 3 required);

Windows 2000 - Windows 2000 Professonal, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Windows 2000 Datacenter;

Windows 2003 - Windows 2003 Standard Edition, Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition, Windows 2003 Datacenter Edition, Windows 2003 Web Edition.

ASP .NET, VB .NET, VC# .NET, ASP, VB, Visual C++ and more

The SMS and Pager Toolkit can be used by using any of these development languages:
Will you kindly do the math calculate the initial cost/investment vs what masud is suggesting?

In first glance it seem's that your suggested link is expensive in terms of money, beside it will beat the very purpose of this community - learning and enhancing skills. With closed source commercial application there is hardly any addition to skill and that is expensive !