2600 meeting in Islamabad

Linux, Open Source and IT related events in Pakistan (news and reports)
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

2600 meeting in Islamabad

Post by zaeemarshad »

hi all,

the (hopefully) first 2600 meeting of haxors is being held in ISB on the 3rd of September in Civil Junction in F7, Islamabad. If you are in Isb, make sure you can drop by and have a chit chat will all other l33t h4x0rs out there drinking coffee lassi. :)

Meeting:

Friday 3rd September (7 PM till late)

Venue:-

Civil Junction (Next to Hot Spot)

6, Gol Market, St. 8 F/7-3, Islamabad.

Tel: 051-2274436

Regards
Zaeem
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear zaeemarshad,
Salam,

I think FIA and FBI Intrested in this thread :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
outhanger
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by outhanger »

Salam everyone.

What exactly is discussed/takes place during these meetings? I'm shifting to Pindi soon so I might just join in for some of the lassi drinking in later meetings.
"Where blasphemy is a crime, religious freedom does not exist." - Stallman to Musharraf
s7r1k3r

about the lassi...

Post by s7r1k3r »

hmmm, is the LASSI namkeen or meethi???
how many other 1337 (hopefully not 1473) h4x0r5 are expected to be there?
a10n3 s7r1k3r
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

dude its not plain lassi...its coffee lassi and i bet you will love it once you take it...btw its a hackers/geek meeting..no n00bie stuff...we are expecting some gr8 ppl to come in and talk about a few good things..lets see...if you are interested drop by at CJ at 7pm sharp.....catch you around..i will love to meet the LP guys in isb there..

Regards
Zaeem
s7r1k3r

so what happened?

Post by s7r1k3r »

Okay, can anyone post how did the meeting go? Since n00bies were not allowed, I could not come :( But I am interested in knowing what l337 discussions took place there?
a10n3 s7r1k3r
outstream
Naib Subedar

Post by outstream »

yeah, Zaeem..we isbians are waiting to know what took place in our city :P , between is 3rd not the same date when we heard sound of some mysterious explosion in isb and rwp? i hope that wasnt because of the l33ts out there :D
Testing?What's that? If it compiles, its good, if it boots up it is perfect.
----------------------------------------------------
Imran
Registered Linux User # 334322
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

hey guys,

yar you ppl should have shown up as the meeting was fantastic considering it was the first event of this type and n00bies did come by...i have never written a follow up on events so plz bear with my super bad writing skillz.

the event started off at 7:00 at Civil Junction with about 10 guys showing up at first but the number did grow lately...the techno beats in the background were loud at times but still it felt good. briefly we discussed what 2600 were and how the islamabad chapter will continue....a few guys came for hotmail/yahoo password hacking...sorry ppl wrong place...

we had sajjad zaidi of iinix , khurram aka kdaemon , junaid aka linuxgeek and me( ofcourse!) from LP. There was a security consultant as well from who enlightened us with a few security issues pertaining to networks.. overall it was a nice meeting with topics ranging from WLL , VoIP to linux and network security.
the meeting had ended at around 10 but discussion between a few participants continued till 11.

WARNING: outstream and s7tr1k3r, you ppl better show up next time... :D

The next meeting is on 1st October and planned events (subject to change) :

- war gaming
- GSM hacking
- demonstrations &
- CJ will be a wifi hot spot...

Hope to catch a few more guys around next time..

Cheers
Zaeem
Bahrian
Cadet

Post by Bahrian »

Yeah Sure... I'll be there nex time too.. :) and I attended the first meeting... It was Fit! The Idea, the casual way of discussion, people and everything was quite good..

I'll be particularly interested in GSM hacking next time... and will bring some stuff too.

All the Best!
"SUCCESS is NOBODY's MONOPOLY"
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

...........And here we are closing in on the next Pak2600 meeting...its again in civil junction in F7-3. For more info check out http://www.pak2600.com . Catch you guys there.

PS: we are making every effort to have a wargaming session this time for the geeks out there! ;)

cheers
Zaeem
outstream
Naib Subedar

Post by outstream »

AoA

hey Zaeem how did this meeting go dude? i`m sorry i couldnt make it cuz i was in karachi at the time...u tell us what was the success rate this time and did everything go according to agenda?
Testing?What's that? If it compiles, its good, if it boots up it is perfect.
----------------------------------------------------
Imran
Registered Linux User # 334322
Kdaemon
Naib Subedar

Post by Kdaemon »

- This meeting went well, many basic level decisions were made for the pak2600.
please joing the mailing list and the forum to remain in touch/update with other pals.
- There were only discussions this time !
http://www.pak2600.com/forum/
reg linux user #298274