New Room Created LINUX in http://chat.msn.com

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
TheBuGz
Cadet

Post by TheBuGz »

Salam O Alaikum!

I invite all of you to The Chat Room Linux i have associated that room with HTTP://WWW.LINUXPAKISTAN.NET please do support ur room.
FAWAD bhai u can be a SOP HOST THERE and every member here in LINUXPAKISTAN will be honoured there.

Linux and Pakistan will Insha Allah be on The BOOM one day.

We stand by the commitment that we will add to the Honour of Pakistan in LINUX all what we need from you is your full co-operation in this regard.

Allah be with all of us.

Jazib Iqbal
Company Havaldaar Major

Post by newbie »

well mine mozilla didnt opened that url.
it says u need internet explorer and win95 :lol:

anybody knows how to open it in any linux browser?
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

AOA,
MSN Chat won't work with Linux. It's only for windows, and even the netscape part works with a plugin. This thing ain't for me. I use Linux at home and on Windows at work, I use Mozilla.

We already have a chatroom registered on irc.freenode.net called #linuxpakistan. It uses a great protocol called IRC that works with pretty much everything with a microprocessor. Check that out! Let's see if we can get people to go there.
TheBuGz
Cadet

Post by TheBuGz »

fawad wrote:AOA,
MSN Chat won't work with Linux. It's only for windows, and even the netscape part works with a plugin. This thing ain't for me. I use Linux at home and on Windows at work, I use Mozilla.

We already have a chatroom registered on irc.freenode.net called #linuxpakistan. It uses a great protocol called IRC that works with pretty much everything with a microprocessor. Check that out! Let's see if we can get people to go there.

UNITED WE STAND what we need is a platform where we could accumulate because NET is the only place where Physical Distances are at least reduced it may be these forums aor the Chat room named #LinuxPakistan on server irc.freenode.net well ill try to be there Insah Allah and would Request others to be there too.
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

fawad wrote:We already have a chatroom registered on irc.freenode.net called #linuxpakistan.
hey, how about creating "irc.linuxpakistan.net" and pointing it to freenode? also, for the im fanatics, you could set up a jabber server.
barlas
Naib Subedar

Post by barlas »

I checkes #linuxpakistan on irc.freenode.net but but it was emtpy, will anyone tell me when you ppl normally visit it.
Aqeel Zafar
kadnan
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by kadnan »

actually,basit was a regular visitor of the #linuxpakistan.. i found fawad too..i was also used to visit the channel sometimes,but when i found noone then i stopped joining the channel

-since irc channel is already present so there is no need of msn chat room..still i appreciate your sincerity but i would reguest you to sit on #linuxpakistan at irc.freenode.net(i hope this is correct name)

-adnan
gh4z4nf4r
Naik

Post by gh4z4nf4r »

aoa,
me too cant see a single person there in #linuxpakistan whenever i go there.
bye.
TheBuGz
Cadet

Post by TheBuGz »

gh4z4nf4r wrote:aoa,
bye.
well #linuxpakistan on IRC can be the best So we had to stick with it as advised By FAWAD bhai who obviously rank high in Seniority and Experience
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

Is there any one willing to add Urdu support in Gaim or any other client [ must be GPL ] on Linux :)). Give us Urdu in Urdu ( Arabic ) script not Roman Urdu or Transliteration and then invite us to any room you want :)). Trust me there will be no shortage of visitors but please speak to us in a language :)) we understand.

Any invitiations for Urdu Chat Rooms :wink:
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

mahin,
Application level translation comes much later. First we need to have at least the base KDE and GNOME translated to urdu. Or at least get us started with an nitial urdu translation. As for me, I wouldn't know where to start the translation process.

-fawad
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

Agree! This is proper way to do it but then how?

My point in mentioning it here was to motivate some one provide urdu support for message text for starters. After all every one using even Roman Urdu is familiar with envoirnment etc.,etc.

This is some thing which one person can do if he/she works on it. It would be nice to have every thing in Urdu but reality is having only message text in Urdu may help attract some then trying to find volunteers for translation work [ which are none at present :-( ] alone.

Thanks for the input.
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

fawad wrote:mahin,
<snip>
As for me, I wouldn't know where to start the translation process.

-fawad
Yes you can help us start! :) How about re-mastering Slackware-live ?

It is only 200 Mb lots of space for applications which we need for Translation work.

It will run from CD and provide all tools [ available ] for translation work by default, then we can request people to help us do what we need them to do which is translation work. At present installing what we need to work is major issue. With Live CD Distro we can reach the majority who want to help us but can not due to Operating System and other issues.

Slackware-Live can be modified easily beside it can be used on older hardware with acceptable performace result.

Shall we start a thread for this project ? May need two/three more to work on this for few weeks, as lots of testing is required.
gh4z4nf4r
Naik

Post by gh4z4nf4r »

aoa,
mahin & fawad i would like to work if u start any thing.

gh4z4nf4r wrote:
aoa,
bye.

well #linuxpakistan on IRC can be the best So we had to stick with it as advised By FAWAD bhai who obviously rank high in Seniority and Experience
yar i am already trying to stick with it. i hope i find u there.
allah hafiz.. :lol: :roll: :roll:
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear All PLUCians,
Salam,
I have been ofered fawad that to make #LinuxPakistan @ UnderNet.Org as our Offical Channel but he refuse may be he have some kind a reason for that. any way if you people need my service then i am on :)
Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed