Ph.D Research Proposal

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
syed
Subedar Major

Ph.D Research Proposal

Post by syed »

AOA 2 ALL,

Yar one of my friends has cleared GRE and is now called for interview,he has to present himself with a Research Proposal before committe for evaluting his chance for getting Ph.D Scholorship so he is in search of gooe one. So all u are grus so I request you all to suggest a good proposal for him from your end so that he may get the goal. But Urgent ...

Regards,

Syed Mohammad Raza
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

research proposal in what area? computer science? electrical engineering? and, shouldn't he come up with his own ideas? i mean, what is he passionate about? what interests him?
syed
Subedar Major

ok

Post by syed »

AoA 2 all,

Dear he is intrested in computer and specialy in networking area, so topic should be mostly related to networks side.He himself has got some ideas but tries to present before committe with the best ideas (proposal).

Regards,

S.Mohammad Raza
nayyares
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by nayyares »

Hello,

it would be better if your friend contact to some Phd who is already working in that area, because, in research proposal , the future direction has very important role, currently the hot topics are ad-hoc networks, cdma, and especially web services, i wrote my MS proposal on webservices and i took guidance from my supervisor, durring that time i found that, Phd people d,nt have much time to guide you, so it will be better if you get some handsome knowledge about the topic before meeting him :).

my recommendation for him to work in web services and he should meet some body in his nearest university who is working in that feild, thanks
Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA
nayyares aT fedoraproject DoT org
blogs: nayyares.blogspot.com
syed
Subedar Major

ok

Post by syed »

Dear Thanks for response but what should he do in web services ? what should be his title and what output his research should give if he works on your suggested topic.

Regards,

S.Mohammad Raza
nayyares
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by nayyares »

Hello,

Web services is a really big and hot research area, especially in E-Government point of view, also symentic web etc. you better contact Mr. Tamleek Ali (tamleek78@hotmail.com, ph: 0333-9126897) for further guidance, he is doing Phd in same feild, he is the better person to ask about.

thanks
Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA
nayyares aT fedoraproject DoT org
blogs: nayyares.blogspot.com
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

again, what is he passionate about? he should be able to figure out what he wants to do himself.

a phd requires research that advances the state of the art. that's an important distinction between it and a masters thesis or some other type of research. a phd has to produce results that change what we know or how we think about a certain field.