2nd Multan Meetup

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

2nd Multan Meetup

Post by zaeemarshad »

Building on the huge success of the very successful previous Linux meetup in Multan, we invite all Linux fans from around the globe to join us at KFC on Sunday, 5th of June , 2005 at 1800 hours PST.

Join in and be a part of the history. :lol:

Cheers
Zaeem
fadain
Havaldaar

Post by fadain »

Sure, i am coming.
jess
Company Havaldaar Major

Post by jess »

I would suggest that a friendly Urdu touch typing competition be included in the meet. Such activity can further enhance the ambiance provided by kfc. BTW do these guys get chickens from kentucky?
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

jess wrote:I would suggest that a friendly Urdu touch typing competition be included in the meet. Such activity can further enhance the ambiance provided by kfc. BTW do these guys get chickens from kentucky?

Regarding the urdu touch typing contest, jess i really appreciate your sincere efforts/concern about urdu but tell me how many ppl that come to KFC will have a laptop to try this out? I guess 1 and thats the one i am posting from. and thats not mine either. :)

Chickens from kentucky....hmm lemme think.. ok they can come but aged 19-23. i will appreciate that. Others are not welcome at all.

oh if u are asking about the chicky meals, thats self funded. :)

Cheers
Zaeem
usamahashimi

Post by usamahashimi »

I hope the guys from Islamabad can also arrange any meeting
justujoo
Lance Naik

Nice twist

Post by justujoo »

jess wrote:Chickens from kentucky....hmm lemme think.. ok they can come but aged 19-23. i will appreciate that. Others are not welcome at all.

:lol:
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

Hi Guys,

The 2nd meetup went cool. It was more of a distro war and this time the sponsor was Pizza Hut and not the chicky. Apparently the chicky is too Microsoftish. So we went to Pizza Hut and I believe PH is more open source than KFC.

Any ways, we talked about distros and about ppl in Multan working in Linux. There were 4 people this time i.e. Me, LinuxGeek, Fadain and Sarmad. We plan to bring more people in next time and do some focused discussions.

BTW Fawad, did your Ubuntu install complete???

Cheers
Zaeem