where in karachi we give RHCE exams

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
faisal hussain
Cadet

where in karachi we give RHCE exams

Post by faisal hussain »

asa
i wan a help to u people to guide me in reagards of taking exams of RHCE in karachi. and also abt weather it is neccessary to take RHCE exams in after enroll in any course
zxcbdfbfdhgfddfg
nayyares
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Post by nayyares »

Hello,

You can give exam in Open Tech, Karachi, see opentechpk.com but after waiting 8 months in Pakistan for RHCE exam to be scheduled by opentech i went my self to India and did my RHCE in Jaipur, and still no exam have been taken by Opentech, they dºnt have any interest in taking exam, i suppose :)

btw, you can give exam directly without taking formal training from redhat affiliated institute, even i did the same, but if you are registered student you will get exam fee discount, around 150$.

thanks
Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA
nayyares aT fedoraproject DoT org
blogs: nayyares.blogspot.com
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear nayyares,
Salam,
nayyares wrote:i went my self to India and did my RHCE in Jaipur, and still no exam have been taken by Opentech, they don't have any interest in taking exam, i suppose :)
If they are making much money by teaching then why should they need to organize RHCE Exam ?

Basically Open Tech wants to create their own Teachers to become RHCE so that no one claims on them :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Saad Khan
Company Havaldaar Major

Post by Saad Khan »

openTech doesn't have certified instructor to conduct RHCE training, they only have RHCE certified guys to conduct training, these guys are redhat linux dependent, they dont have any indea about generic linux commands and 2nd opentech under quoting training prices., like one of my friend did RHCE training in 15000 and another friend did RHCE training in 26000, if you ask opentech about this issue, they will claim, we were offering discounted prices (same answer to everyone), and they are still under quoting the prices, its up to you, how would you deal with them.
All of these things make opentech doubtful.
infact i will recommend to go for NCLP=(novell certified linux professional) and NCLE=(Novell certified linux Engineer), NCLP is almost equal to RHCE and NCLE is a very much advance certification than RHCE, In NCLE you learn many things, like in security section, you learn about IDS, network management tools (like nagios), vpn, apparmor and very detailed firewalling and cryptography tools. and RHCE doesn't offer such things and if you interested in RHCE exam then do not attempt it atleast from pakistan, attempt it from other places, like nayyares did from india. you can attempt it from dubai too.
nayyares

Post by nayyares »

Hello Saad:

As for as you say Opentech working, yeah you are right, they are missing good professional, they were saying me to join as instructor in Lahore or Islamabad, even when i was in India, the indian guys were saying that opentech even requested them to send teachers from India :) you know a good professional teacher will take handsome salary and opentech is, i think not in possition to offer such kind of salaries, the salary of an RHCE instructor is as much as a normal company Linux Admin, that is the reason, people deny to join them, as soon as they will hire good teachers they will be able to get good students.

About the Exam they have to bare all expenses regarding the examinar travel from india to Pakistan, his stay in Five Star and other stuff, so they have to pay too much, because they dºnt have RHCX (RedHat Certified Examinar), for an institute to have his own RHCX, they must have two RHCE and interestingly the RHCX exam is not even conducted in India, the person even have to travel Australia,USA,Koria etc. and for opentech it is not possible, even in India there are just Five Examinar.

Now, about the Novel and Redhat certifications, if you are saying about Novel then there are many, even Sun Solaris Admins. HP,IBM Admins are trained very well, but if you visit certcity.com you will find RHCE NO 1 certification, due to the professional earning and skills, now we mostly do certifications just to get good jobs, and for getting good job you are highly recommended to get RHCE, about the RHCE skill level, you know RedHat has a full series of certification that is, RHCT -> RHCE -> RHCSS -> RHCA ,when you reach RHCA you will be trained and tested on all Linux related issues.

Btw, in South Africa, we have an Institute and they are taking 22,000USD for just RHCE training :)

cheers.
Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA
Saad Khan
Company Havaldaar Major

Post by Saad Khan »

you are right in your way :)
but you know Novell is a very respected name in IT world, and Novell owns Suse Linux and suse owns the whole europe. Suse has a big europian market as compare to Redhat, and now Suse moving to usa, australia, uk and asia, why RHCE is number 1 certification?, because redhat launched RHCE 6 or 7 years ago, and novell just bought Suse last year probably in the starting of 2006 or end of 2005 (correct me, if i am wrong), and now Novell starts to market this product, you can compare NCLP/NCLE with redhat certifications at the end of this year. :)
Even in pakistan people getting familiar with Suse.
nayyares

Post by nayyares »

Hello,

If you talk about Market then you dºnt know the business Solaris/IBM has in EU,USA etc. :) and it is really a big and meaningless discussion that which Linux Distro is best, you are talking about Novel, and Novel was even unable to survive their self with their own product :) how can they bring SUSE at a level. I have learned with my experience that when you talk about reliability you need to think about RHEL :) kidding, but RHEL is highly recommend by DataCenters Experts and even i have two data centers here, both has RHEL.
Nayyar Ahmad
RHCE, CCNA, OCP DBA
Saad Khan
Company Havaldaar Major

Post by Saad Khan »

i compared market between Suse and Redhat. didn't compare distributions
if i have to compare distributions , then i will never consider Suse/Redhat, i will go for debian or slackware, most reliable and secured products + oldest surviving distros. :)