IT Mela - I T Department Govt. of Sindh

Linux, Open Source and IT related events in Pakistan (news and reports)
mahin
Major

IT Mela - I T Department Govt. of Sindh

Post by mahin »

Under the vision of Mr Muhammad Noman Saigal Advisor to Chief Minister Sindh for Information Technology.

I.T. Department Government of Sindh is Organizing I.T. Mela on March 22 & 23 2006 at Annu Bhai Park, Nazimabad, Karachi.

for further information please contact:

Section Officer [ General ]
Information Technology Department
Government of Sindh
First Floor
Sindh Secretariat # 6
Shahra-e-Kamal Attaturk
Karachi.

Ph:021-9213841 & 021-9213408
Fax: 021-9211414
Email: info@sindhitd.gov.pk

Online copy of announcement:

http://www.sindhitd.gov.pk/MELLAA.pdf
http://www.sindhitd.gov.pk/mela.asp
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

IT Department Government of Sindh is sponsoring the promotion of Skolelinux in particular and other GPL Linux Distros in General.

Linux Pakistan members will be there to provide Free consultation, Instalation of Skolelinux and other Distro's. If you want to get Linux installed on your Computer for Free then just bring in your machine. Please note your machine must be in working condition, we can not troubleshoot hardware isses during IT Mela.

If you have any machine with CD Rom and a hard disk [ 500Mb+ ] or free space on your HD then you can try Debian/Skolelinux, latest release. This is strictly first come first serve basis, list your name now indicate your preferred date so that we can plan.

Farrukh Ahmed [ aka Linuxfreak ] will be there most of the time along with other prominent members .

Post at the forum [ www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/ ], send email to cd_AT_linuxpakistan_DOT_net or call 021-6622134 before IT Mela. On 22nd or 23rd March you have to come to IT Mela at LinuxPakistan stall.

Look forward to seeing you at IT Mela
server
Naik

Post by server »

Assalam-o-Alykum!
wow thats great news for us God Bless u all the team of LinuxPakistan. ill come there from lahore.
Allah Hafiz
  • Welcome In Red Hat Enterprise 4
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

This is great! Look forward to your visit. Do email me your local contact so we can coordinate. We can always use a volunteer from Lahore :) [ a member can not be a visitor, he has to be a volunteer even for five minutes :]..

BTW any one in Karachi wants to help out is most welcome. We can use more people who can simply talk and explain on one to one basis, what Linux is and why it is Free [ this is most important question :) people are still skeptical ], etc.etc..