Oppertunity to Knw more about Open Source

General discussion about CSP - FOSS SIG
hasnain
Naik

Oppertunity to Knw more about Open Source

Post by hasnain »

hello

Well its a great oppertunity for all to know more about the comming era of open source ,. so i would personally suggest to come and visit and, i really appreciate Mr. Mahin's offer of giving Passes to all who are intrested in order to promote Open source...meet you there

regards
Syed Hasnain Ali
Asst. Manager Product Development
UAE based VoIP Telecom company
hasnain110@gmail.com
n3m3sis
Havaldaar

Post by n3m3sis »

Yes but why are always these things held in Karachi,
and why are other cities like Islamabad and Lahore ignored?
proud_prakinstani

Post by proud_prakinstani »

n3m3sis wrote:Yes but why are always these things held in Karachi,
and why are other cities like Islamabad and Lahore ignored?
Thats what you think. i think why this event is organised in karachi. is may because all members of CSOP belongs to karachi. and there is no one from lahore and islamabad in there group so they can organise such events there.

The question is that what we are doing to promote open/free source in Pakistan. Our first initiative should to be to train almost one of our relative or friend who is goverment employe. Because Govt. of Pakistan has taken its initiative and has started training employes so they can shift to open source. But it will take much time. so i think we can help Govt. by training even only a one person.

Hope to see opensource ruling all over pakistan.

Thanks,
Proud Pakistani.
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

proud_prakinstani wrote: <snip> i think why this event is organised in karachi. is may because all members of CSOP belongs to karachi. and there is no one from lahore and islamabad in there group so they can organise such events there..
CSP is National body just like LinuxPakistan with members and chapters in major cities. There are chapters of Computer Society of Pakistan in Islamabad as well as Lahore just like Karachi.

Please visit SIG FOSS Forum and read the history. Read the latest minutes to see how little it costs in terms of cash to hold such event by Karachi Chapter of CSP.

I must admit all this would not have been possible with out Mr Maruf Ali [ LinuxPakistan ID =asaf ] taking such keen interest and active participation by Dr Adnan Qureshi of CSP , as well the support of Sami Askari President CSP Karachi Chapter .

All one has to do is simply volunteer and take the initiative . If any one is serious then it is best to post at SIG FOSS forum / list to get the ball rolling. Any help from Linux Pakistan, you are assured with out askig for it.
blackphoenix
Lance Naik

Post by blackphoenix »

I agree with n3m3sis. CSOP should extend its activities especially in all the province capitals. Its activities like these that will help us overthrow Indias domain in our region. Its a long road to inevitability, the good thing is that we are ontrack to it.
Man If He Chose To, Could Be The Master Of His Fate.
-W.Shakespere