MAC Controler Beta Verison! Come And get it NOW!!!!!!

Discussion of programming on Linux, including shell scripting, perl, python, c/c++, mono, java. Whatever tickles your fancy.
masud
Havaldaar

MAC Controler Beta Verison! Come And get it NOW!!!!!!

Post by masud »

Salamz!!
MAC Controler is a Kernel module, whichi block all the MAC address by default on a given interface.( Help-full for cable operaters). And only allow given MAC addresses to bypass.
To get more details read
http://www.aosp.net/projects/maccontroler.pdf

Avilable with free source code. Link to the source is available in above mentioned PDF.

:) Waiting for your responce.
Thnx

Masood Mehmood
{ www.phclub.org }
--SP--
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear masud,
Salam,
Its really great to know that you have posted your link at Linux Pakistan but i think you told me that you will do it by tomrrow but its now day after tomrrwo any way i will try it and let you know ASAP.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
masud
Havaldaar

correction!!!

Post by masud »

salamz!!!
na nana na na::::
masud wrote on friday:
my code will be available to you inshallah on tomorrow or day after tomorrow ..

proof:
http://www.linuxpakistan.net/forum2x/vi ... php?t=2276

:wink:
thnx
--SP--
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

AOA,
Why exactly would you need this when you could just do

Code: Select all

iptables -A INPUT -m mac --mac-source 00:00:00:00:AB:CD -j ALLOW
and drop other packets by default?
mahin
Major

Post by mahin »

Congratulations and thanks for your contributions. I am positive using your MAC Cotroller is going to help thousands of Desi Cable Net Oprators, majority of them are not Computer Science Graduates.

We will test it on a Desi Cable Net System and let you have the feed back.

Meanwhile few more requests:

1. Will you please post it ito LinuxPakistan Wiki, plain text will be lighter for some people then PDF. Do include a link to your site and location of file in PDF.

2. How difficult it would be for you to use colour coding for text ? Our target users are not trained IT Graduates, mostly ordinary people trying to learn new skills.

3. Licence Brother :). Include that info.

You will note I did not mentioned Urdu :) you do it in Pushto and we will get it done in Urdu :) Do we have a deal ?
masud
Havaldaar

mistake :)

Post by masud »

salamz!!
In mac-controler-2.4.tar in auto.sh do this change

######cut from here#####################
#creating Device File
mknod /dev/maccon c 250 0
if [ $? = 0 ]; then
echo "Device File Created";
else
echo "Device File Creation Fail";
fi
####################################
I am sorry some how device file name is written as "maccon4" which is "maccon" please make a correction or download this file

http://www.aosp.net/projects/auto.sh

mac-controler-2.6 is ok and fine.......
I am in university and on windows system so cant make TAR for you .. let me get home:)

mahin bro .. I havent use colours in my documents so i am sorry for this if any one can reformat my document so please take a step.
and i didnt get why you need that in URDU or pasto. its hard for me to write text in urdu or pasto.
Although I am urdu speaking and can speak pasto quite well beacuse of my birth in peshawar LOL

and for FAWAD bhie:: iptables can do so many things but this is not the end of my projects LOL . INSHALLAH i will show some quite mazay dar work which IPtables cant do. soooooooon

Masood Mehmood
--SP--
fawad
Site Admin

Post by fawad »

masud,
I look forward to seeing some exciting features in your application.
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

hey masud,

nice work man!! this stuff is very good indeed. though i have to agree with fawad that iptables mac blocker can do all this but as you said its just the beginning. hope to see some nice things from you soon.

Earlier i had developed a web based cablenet management interface that allowed account creation/suspension/removal/billing all via a php programmed interface with a mysql db backend. I used mac address blocking and this thinggy is running at a local cablenet in multan. I will update it sometime in the future and post it out there as well for others. :)

Cheers
Zaeem
masud
Havaldaar

sure

Post by masud »

salamz!!
zaeemarshad : thnx man.

wiki wiki:

http://www.linuxpakistan.net/wiki/index ... cControler
--SP--
kbukhari
Major General

Post by kbukhari »

AOA,
how are u masood i found some bugs in this script and please lemm remove and also i would like to add some more features like firwalling and masquerading and also an installation script wich will install all scripts by itself
--
Syed Kashif Ali Bukhari
+92-345-8444420
http://sysadminsline.com
http://kashifbukhari.com
masud
Havaldaar

hmmmm

Post by masud »

kbukhari wrote:AOA,
how are u masood i found some bugs in this script and please lemm remove and also i would like to add some more features like firwalling and masquerading and also an installation script wich will install all scripts by itself
Ws
I'm Fine Alhamdolilah. How are you?. Well there is no script, it a kernel module + a user space program which actually talk to the kernel module. The only script, I remmember, is the instalation script. I don't knw which script you are talking about.

Anyway, If you know kernel module programming or Linux system programming in C then please go ahead and make a patch. And please do mention what kind of bug is it :). If you are good in Netfilter library then please go ahead and add some masquerading code. (Not Script).

Thanks for your time and testing :).

Thanks,
--SP--
shakeel_jee7
Naik

Re: MAC Controler Beta Verison! Come And get it NOW!!!!!!

Post by shakeel_jee7 »

masud wrote:Salamz!!
MAC Controler is a Kernel module, whichi block all the MAC address by default on a given interface.( Help-full for cable operaters). And only allow given MAC addresses to bypass.

AA

Can you Please provide "Anti-MAC controller" Kernel Module or Script or any other utility/Command. I means which by pass MAC address binding restriction?

Advance Thanks for your help!
Shakeel Ahmed
Registered Linux User # 423792

"The Shortest Distance b/w a Problem & its solution, is distance between ur Knees & the Floor. The one who kneels to Allah can stand upto anything!!"
sameer666
Naik

Re: MAC Controler Beta Verison! Come And get it NOW!!!!!!

Post by sameer666 »

Masood Mehmood
{ www.phclub.org }
looking for explaination :oops:
Novice at heart