FTP and Prin Problem

Protecting your Linux box
azfar
Captain

FTP and Prin Problem

Post by azfar »

I have installed ftp servers on few unix machines, the problem i am facing is that these machines are behind firewall and i dont know which ftp mode they are using i mean they are not using standard port 20 for data transfere, every time they choose random port how can i force them to use port 20 and 21 always.

Another thing from one which is also behind firewall need to send print on network printer, how can I allow print traffic from firewall.
Thanks.
Azfar Hashmi
Email : azfarhashmi@hotmail.com
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear azfar,
Salam,

Which FTP Server you have Installed ?

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
azfar
Captain

Post by azfar »

Yaar its actualy solaris 7 deafault ftp deamon, i will tell you after access my machine. Anther problem which i am facing is that i am running ssh deamon (default) on freebsd 5.4 and i have permit port 22 for it but when i try to access it i download the "key" and after it login promtp appears as soon i enter any credendial my window just stuck at that point. Removing firewall solved the probem. Do i need to open any extra port for ssh.
Azfar Hashmi
Email : azfarhashmi@hotmail.com
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear azfar,
Salam,
azfar wrote:Anther problem which i am facing is that i am running ssh deamon (default) on freebsd 5.4 and i have permit port 22 for it but when i try to access it i download the "key" and after it login promtp appears as soon i enter any credendial my window just stuck at that point. Removing firewall solved the probem. Do i need to open any extra port for ssh.
Might be that you have allowed IP's !!

Adding your IP address in Firewall will solve your problem !!

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed