Auditor security collection

Protecting your Linux box
Aadil
Naik

Auditor security collection

Post by Aadil »

Yet another Security distro. Release News posted on 20th May 2004.
Downloadable from Here.
Just like to inform, that i have released my penetration test distro right now on my companys website under the gpl. The main difference between phlack, fire and knoppix-std is, that it is focused on usability. As you know remote-exploit.org was focused in the past on wireless stuff, so you can bet that all the wireless stuff is included. No hassle to configure kismet etc, just plug in the card, start the scanner and go. But don't missunderstand, it is not focused on wireless, check the short description below or go to my companys website to see details and download links.

Short description:

The Swiss Army Knife for security assessments. A Linux-based, unified platform focused on penetration tests. The robust power of Open-Source tools without the hassles of configuring hardware or installing any additional software. This powerful toolset is started directly from the CD-ROM without any local installation. Independent of system hardware, Auditor security collection provides the user with over 300 powerful analysis tools for troubleshooting and securing networks and systems. Delivering powerful, functional tools in a user-friendly environment while eliminating complex configuration was our goal when enhancing knoppix and designing Auditor security collection.

No other commercial or freely available analysis platform offers an equivalent level of usability with automatic configuration and focus on penetration testing.
It looks quite interesting. Being downloaded as I speak. Type even. From the looks of it, the distro is mainly going to be Wardrive friendly. But I can only speculate at this point. However, from the tools listing it seems that it wont be limited to kismet and it's likes alone.
523MB bzip2'ed containing the ISO ready to burn.
Personally, I'll be using something with reliable resume and it's going to take some time.
But that is how ISO's are to you, when you're on dialup. 8)