Changing hacking scenerio topic needs to be restart

Protecting your Linux box
Qadri-409
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Changing hacking scenerio topic needs to be restart

Post by Qadri-409 »

Dear All ,
I read out the above mentioned topic but the disscusion went dead i think it needs a restart.
i read most of the threads in it much of it was about some personality and the education system
one pal said that we are not taught enough about subjects the other answered with the resources we have to read and get equiped.
i think its right that the education system does n't tell much but the people who have grown up in any field they have tried their resources out of the ordinary way.in my observation guyz who go for studying IT end up in coding database and when they are done they are hunting for customer while the computer culture is not well developed in our countryand thass why people don't know the importance of a IT professional truly, why database coz its a easly understadable need of the market at both ends (the customer and database programmer)also it is a rapid earning for a IT professional , since the job availbilty is critcal.
its true coding C/C++ is rarely observed while its sole of hacking techs , i have never seen any body coding pearl may be in some part of coutnry people are doin so but i don't know.
i have also asked on the board for a shell access if any body has got resources and authority to do so .I think we can make a little donations for that thing which will realy help ,already there is a site freeshell.org which gives a limited shell access over netbsd system.
we do any thing for pak-Govt coz pathetic things are happening in the this sector .the things are made over huge money and then after few days same projects are advetised for bids again to make money means nothing to make again but just to put Rs in pockets.
Above all we need to develop ourselves that is the line we need to think about
Luck to all
M Shahzad Qadri
omer
Lance Naik

Post by omer »

i have never seen any body coding pearl may be in some part of coutnry people are doin so but i don't know.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
I work for amazon.com. All of the backend is in "Perl"/oracle. You need to look around some more.
Qadri-409

Post by Qadri-409 »

salam Omer
nice hear from you ,i did mentioned that may be some body is doin so in some part of our pakistan but i don't know ...nice hear you are one of them .
M Shahzad Qadri
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Qadri-409 wrote:nice hear from you ,i did mentioned that may be some body is doin so in some part of our pakistan but i don't know ...nice hear you are one of them .
lolz
Farrukh Ahmed
zaeemarshad
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zaeemarshad »

Qadri--- open up your eyes man.. There are a lot of ppl working in Perl around the country. I know 20 in my city(multan). Ah if anybody is working in *pearl* i dunno that..never heard of that before.

No offense intended.

Regards
Zaeem
hameedkhan
Havaldaar

Post by hameedkhan »

hi,
i just want share my thoughts. i think this dosen't matter if we programme in perl or not. the question is that, do we programme? what we programme? how we programme?. just programme something usefull. today we really need good software developers in pakistan. but there are only few who can develope really sophisticated programmes. so, if you know programming then programme something usefull which can help others. whether its in perl or not.

Thanks,
Hameed Khan
freebsd
Naik

Post by freebsd »

i beg to agree with hameed khan..

we have so many talented and skilled people yet we don't come up with a 'proper' programming scenario...

i'll state an example here... there is a whole proper system based in EU and USA and other countries which monitors stock exchange fluctuations or every single significant individual who is a key player in the stock market... it continuously presents all those fluctuations in a proper statistical form and any irregularities that are confirmed are immediately alerted... which confirms that either there's some 'insider dealing' going on or probably someone's been very lucky...

hence the respective authorities inspect the matter... so my point is, we don't yet have that sort of program in pakistan, especially our KSE needs it as it was termed the Best Performing Stock Market all over the world for 2002... I asked a person involved in stocks why we don't have such programs and he said that because those programs are way too complicated people in Pakistan can't make them...

I literally felt like bashing that person's head... coz i know we have so many skilled peeps in Pakistan, but for some reason, either our govt doesn't pay attention or maybe our programmers are indifferent.
Qadri-409

Post by Qadri-409 »

[quote="zaeemarshad"]Qadri--- open up your eyes man.. There are a lot of ppl working in Perl around the country. I know 20 in my city(multan). Ah if anybody is working in *pearl* i dunno that..never heard of that before.

No offense intended.

salam Zaeem
frist of all *nix systems are rarely seen i remember very few people working on linux 5 years before now the chunk has been increase but still the percentage is very low and developers are very few mostly people go for sys admin.you have seen i agree.
M Shahzad Qadri
lambda
Major General

Post by lambda »

at work, i use perl wherever i have to talk to the db, and python for everything else. did that at my previous workplace as well. this has been the case for the last four years.
Qadri-409

the topic has lost in programming disccusion

Post by Qadri-409 »

i think we have lost the real topic .there is a new question is it safe to disscuss the hacking knowlegde here in this forum , safe means that it will not go to the irresponseble people and will stay in ethical pratice or just to enhance our knowledge.
M Shahzad Qadri