Lame Windows2k

Discussion regarding the installation and configuration of Linux distributions.
kadnan
Battalion Quarter Master Havaldaar

Lame Windows2k

Post by kadnan »

salam
I have been experiencing a weird problem , i have 30GB of Hd, and I had 7 win partitions(including C),3 days ago i resized my harddisk and removed last partition ie
Drive I(2.2GB) and made linux partition upto 4.2 Gb..
after installation stuff, i logged in easily on my other Win based OS(2k and 98),today my win2k started chkdisk,due to abnormal shutdown, and it started scanning drive "H" which wasnt a partition anymore rather CD drive,system become slow and login screen appeared after 3 minutes, when i tried to browse my computer then again it took several mintues and was showing partitions who didnt exist anymore,Win98 dont have such prblem but win2k is still goin INsane, tell me how the heck i getrid of this problem? i cant do anythin on win2k now:/
-adnan
ufs
Cadet

Post by ufs »

go to command prompt in win2k and do fdisk. If you can see all the partitions as they are, then you shouldnt have any problem seeing them under win2k (rebooting it a few times should solve the problem). Otherwise you might need to reinstall win2k. Which partition program did you use to edit partition? Which OS was that under? Try to run that program under win2k and see what do u get over there.