Alternate stylesheets for LinuxPakistan forum

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
Muhammad Saad
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Alternate stylesheets for LinuxPakistan forum

Post by Muhammad Saad »

Assalam-o-Alaikum,

I am going to work on adding alternate stylesheets to phpBB so that LinuxPakistan members can read both English and Urdu text conveniently. (I don't know PHP currently so it might take some time.)
For this purpose, I will need the exact version of phpBB that is being used here.
If some administrator reads this, please send me the package so that I can experiment with it.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re: Alternate stylesheets for LinuxPakistan forum

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear Muhammad Saad,
Salam,
Muhammad Saad wrote:I am going to work on adding alternate stylesheets to phpBB so that LinuxPakistan members can read both English and Urdu text conveniently. (I don't know PHP currently so it might take some time.)
For this purpose, I will need the exact version of phpBB that is being used here.
If some administrator reads this, please send me the package so that I can experiment with it.
This information can not be given in public. I hope you got an email from Tariq Bahi.

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Muhammad Saad
Battalion Havaldaar Major

Success!! :)

Post by Muhammad Saad »

It was easier than I thought in the beginning. I have successfully integrated alternate stylesheets in the subsilver2 theme for phpBB3 just a few moments ago. :D
So now, (on my local test installation of phpBB) I can switch the document font from "View > Page Styles" in Firefox.

Once that is done here on LinuxPakistan forum, members will be able to switch the font to Nafees Web Naskh easily when they have to read Urdu text. While the default font will be the same as it is now. So they will not have any problem at all in reading English text.