Ubuntu shipit service

General discussion about PLUC and Linux in Pakistan.
Shahryar
Naik

Ubuntu shipit service

Post by Shahryar »

I have just placed an order for the Ubuntu 5.10 CDs from their shipit service. Has anybody else done this before and how long did it take for you to receive the CDs?

Regards,
--
S.S.
--
mir_sheely
Havaldaar

Post by mir_sheely »

Usually it takes 30 to 40 days... And some time Paki post show their nature and ask U for 300 to 400 Rupees in behalf of shipping inside Pakistan and repacking Charges of Custom after checking parcel. But it depends on how much CDs U asked.. if somewhere 40s then they will shipit in caurten.. otherwise U will recieve in a Nice Packet.
But U know now a days there is too much rush, cause Breezy is recently released.. and orders are being placed from all over the world.
I ordered mine on 28th Sept and till now they havent dispatched it.. just asked the shipping comaney to ship me required CDs.
A PC without LIN is like a Universe without Earth.
Shahryar
Naik

Post by Shahryar »

To continue reporting on Ubuntu's shipit service. I placed my order on 21/10/2005. Today (28/10/2005) the website is showing that my order has been sent to their shipping company.

I will inform here when the order arrives in Lahore.
--
S.S.
--
mir_sheely
Havaldaar

Post by mir_sheely »

I havent recieved it till now even then when I placed my order on 26th Sept, Breezy was launched on 10th OCT, and it is almost one month. Anyway hoping in 5 or 6 days.
A PC without LIN is like a Universe without Earth.
Shahryar
Naik

Ubuntu CDs have arrived!

Post by Shahryar »

Shahryar wrote:To continue reporting on Ubuntu's shipit service. I placed my order on 21/10/2005. Today (28/10/2005) the website is showing that my order has been sent to their shipping company.

I will inform here when the order arrives in Lahore.
The Cds (5 sets) arrived today (28/11/2005). This means within 40 days. They seem to have been shipped from Netherlands.

Each set contains one live and one installable cd.

I have sent one set to cd@linuxpakistan.net

I can make copies for anybody who wants them in Lahore. Just bring your own CDRs.

I have installed it on a Sony Vaio VGN-FS630W Laptop. WinXP partition is automatically resized and Ubuntu installed flawlessly with wireless networking enabled automatically.
--
S.S.
--
PlaySafe
Cadet

Ubuntu shipit service

Post by PlaySafe »

Hi EveryOne, I am new to this forumn, and have not used Ubuntu yet.

But I ordered it through Ubuntu shipit service on 19 Nov, 2005 and it was approved and sent to shiping firm on 23 Nov, 2005. I have not recieved it yet but expected in a week or so.

Bye and Take Care
Regards,

Yasir Irfat
PlaySafe an be Safe
mahin
Major

Re: Ubuntu CDs have arrived!

Post by mahin »

Shahryar wrote: I have sent one set to cd@linuxpakistan.net
Thanks Shahryar, I have received the CD's you have sent. Will add them to the list.