A little query

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
Atif_Khan
Battalion Havaldaar Major

A little query

Post by Atif_Khan »

Dear fellas,

I have successfully installed Qmail with mysql, squirrelmail, spamassassin, clamav. All working fine. But I have to change default domain from xyz.net.pk to abc.net.pk which I have changed in local file. The problem is when I telnet to mail server telnet 123.456.789.1 25 it shows the banner having old domain name. I changed the domain name even in the /var/qmail/supervise/qmail.smtpd/run and qmal-pop3d/run but I still get that same banner when I telnet on port 25. Similary when I run the nightly status report script it mails to the postmaster@olddomain. I need to change these two domain names and I searched a lot on qmailrocks.org forum and lifewithqmail site but couldnt find the solution.

So anyone (I hope farrukh, lambda, fazil) of these guys have the solution, kindly do share that with us.
LinuxFreaK
Site Admin

Re:

Post by LinuxFreaK »

Dear Atif_Khan,
Salam,

Edit Following Files.

# vi /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-pop3d/run

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \
        [color=red]xyz.net.pk[/color] /bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1
Replace xyz.net.pk to abc.net.pk and restart qmail :)

Best Regards.
Farrukh Ahmed
Atif_Khan

Post by Atif_Khan »

Dear Farrukh,

Thanks for the reply. But I guess you didnt get my point. I am facing problem in telnetting on port 25 not pop3d port 110. As I mentioned in my previous post that I changed the domain name in both qmail-pop3d/run and qmail-smtpd/run files but when I telnet on port 25 I still see the old domain name.

Secondly when I run .test-installation --doit script to check Spamassasin and Clamav function, that script mails those virus and spam stuff to the old domain. I tried to look into that script but couldnt find any such variable or field to change the domain name.
Atif_Khan

Post by Atif_Khan »

Well, I just solved the problem. I read the whole /qmail-smtpd/run script to find the variable which contains domain name information. I just changed that variable file name content and bingo. It worked.

Thanks farrukh for your kind help though.
Qadri-409

Post by Qadri-409 »

@Atif_khan :wink:

take care
M Shahzad Qadri