Guys help me out

General discussion about Linux, Linux distribution, using Linux etc.
lemon
Naik

Guys help me out

Post by lemon »

What does these mean:

Hawaldar
Major
Lance Naik
Cadet

etc

they are kind of rating then how do they work ???
Wasay Ahmed
B.E. CE SSUET
MBA IBA
javedlodhi
Cadet

Post by javedlodhi »

Although the rankings are somewhat weird for linux platform and also not proper for in Army, Major is the senior most but here the case is .... anyway, guys I am not happy with the progress of this platform for our discussions are mostly restricted to small linux problems. I was hoping to see some more progress
Javed Iqbal Lodhi
Systems Engineer
LPI Certified Systems Engineer
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

Well these are the ratings based on posts posted by PLUC members. But it is not intend to any one for flooding posts at the board :) It doesnt mean if someone have least posts and somebody has many it is only a recognition for those who are helping us here at the board. Irrelevant and useless posts are not welcome in any manner. PLUC founder is still a Lance Naik and it doesnt mean that he is not talented :P
A: Yes
Q: Is top-posting bad?
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

guys I am not happy with the progress of this platform for our discussions are mostly restricted to small linux problems.
We have to take initiative atleast i guess these are the steps we are taking towards the good. BTW this board is not for making anyone happy it is only intend to help those who are willing to get opensource software in there lives. Era is just started here only few like you are certified.

People post their original problems, they post what they get and get them sloved by the help of valued members of PLUC.

It will be great if you have some BIG problems to discuss, you can freely share your ideas that will definitely help all of us to learn more. It is great to see that we have LPI Certified member now and i am sure it will help all of us to learn more.

No hard feelings all these are my own opinions.

Cheers.
javedlodhi
Cadet

Post by javedlodhi »

Yeah ofcourse Farhan, I appreciate it all and whereas Happy thing is concerned, yaar I mean I have worked on Beowulf cluster and when I was working on it, I got no resource from this platform so I had to contact LPI. I felt overtime that like my RHCE certification was not being of use if guys weren't interested in stuff like this...so I for the time being preferred international platforms, so I think that we must share our ideas and projects.
Javed Iqbal Lodhi
Systems Engineer
LPI Certified Systems Engineer
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

so I think that we must share our ideas and projects
Yes i agree with you.
So would you like to share your experiene with all PLUCIANS about getting certified and your beowulf project?
farhantoqeer
Major General

Post by farhantoqeer »

javedlodhi, we are still waiting for your ideas :)